Mourinho seems to be more comfortable when the opposition have the ball and he always has teams who are great at counters.
Taken From the English Newspaper “The Guardian”
According to Torres (A former player), Mourinho laid out a simple seven-point plan for winning big games:
- The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.
- Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.
- Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.
- Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.
- Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.
- Whoever has the ball has fear.
- Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.
Related Articles on Counter Attacking:
Also, check out my book, Drills and Exercises To Develop The Elite American Soccer Player, for a full section on Counter Attacking.